Irrigation Tips for Installation & CarePosted on April 29th, 2015 by John Foegley
All irrigation systems are not created equal. Be sure your new irrigation system is designed and installed as follows to conserve water and reduce water and electrical bills!
- Be sure your system provides “head to head” coverage and that nozzles provides “matched precipitation.
- A rain sensor will prevent the system from running during rain.
- Better, An ET Based Controller will adjust run times based on the estimated water needs of your area
- Best – Install soil moisture sensors to monitor actual ground water and run the system ONLY when things are getting dry.
- Self draining systems work in some areas and don’t in others. Be careful as frozen water left in low spots or heads may cause damage
- Ask your installer if you are going to get the full manufacturers warranty on system components. (Often more than one year!)
- Be sure to ask for an “as built” drawing of your system. This will make service much easier in the future.
- Foegley Landscape offers Commercial and Residential Irrigation service and installation in South Bend, Mishawaka, Granger & surrounding communities.